I'm very disapointing with my new Imac G5!

D

dincito

maybe in a rush to buy something brand new from apple....I dont know,
my main concern is about the lcd display

my system is
Imac G5 17" 80 gb superdrive

the pictures looks way to bad versus my old studio display 17 with a powermac g4 quicksilver...do anyone knows why?.... the resolutions sucks!, even in the 1440x900 (supose the best lcd performance in this model)

I think IMHO that apple did put a less quality lcd on this system, maybe the colot depth, maybe other factor...I am not a computer expert, just I'm disapointing because my pictures did not show well, the icons look poor... It seems like I am buying an older system instead of a brand new...

I cannot believe the same jpeg file looks way better in my old mac!!!!..is like swiching resolution!!!

I dont want to talk about the drilling noise .... because of a fan or something..... the imac chat service for the imacg5 did not know the answer...

I have to get use to my new display showing weird arrays of pink panther colors on human flesh..

sorry for my english
thanks for see my post.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
Sounds like you got a bad iMac. A lot of people outside of the US have been having problems with the Power Supply, Displays, and SuperDrives which have required apple to send some replacement parts and sometimes do a full replacement

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" Flat Panel iMac -15" 1.5GHz, 80GB HDD, 128MB ATI video card, 1GB RAM- PowerBook
Have you tried the ColorSync utility that is included on your system? It helped my PowerBook, so it might help your iMac.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.6 GHz Core 2 Duo 4GB RAM OS 10.5.2
I have the 20" iMac and it's beautiful.. you definitely have a bad one and I would contact Apple support to have them replace it or replace parts to help it work better.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.