iPhone 3G... Use a protective Case or not?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.5ghz, 4gb/r, 200g7.2krpm
I have an iPhone 3G and I also have the griffin Nu Form case which I like, but the iPhone having the "scratch proof" screen and great durability, is it really necessary to have a case for it? Seeing all those videos where they drop the iphone and scrape it up with keys and its fine, I'm thinking its just a waste of money and covers up the cool color scheme. What do you guys think?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Macbook
I was checking out zerodaydeals.com today, and this website has a case for about $7 shipped...

http://www.stootsi.com/

Check it out, might be worth it... if it suits your needs.

OP
R
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I think I'm going to give that Zagg a try, looks pretty interesting. Does nothing for impact/drop damage, but I'm really not worried about it. Famous last words I guess. I'm gonna use my Griffin until I'm done my summer job (lifting and slamming stuff against it, the Griffin hard case wont hurt).

Did you get the back side protector from Zagg as well? The back one looks like it would peel off on the edges that wrap around?

Thanks everyone for the imput.

Zach

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MacBook Pro 2.0GHz, 8GB iPhone
I dropped my phone once on the upper right corner from about 4 feet off the ground and it completely dented in that corner. The power button got stuck and I had to get it replaced. These phones aren't as durable as you may think. I will never use my phone again without a hard case on it.

OP
R
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Well maybe I'll use my Griffin with a stick on front plastic Zagg thing then after hearing your story Rizzo hhaa.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.2ghz, 3GB, 250GB - 16GB White iPhone 3G - 2nd Gen 1GB Shuffle
I have used several of Zagg's products and HIGHLY recommended them, but for a iPhone I would get both a Invisible shield and and silicone case.

B&O

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP i7, Mac Mini & iPhone 3G.
I use a griffin and a similar product to the invisible shield on the screen. While griffin makes the phone fell bigger it offers great protection?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MBP unibody
Just got my Zagg Invisible Shield in yesterday. While it's kind of a pain to get on there juuust right, it does seem like it will do a great job of protecting the screen. It comes w/ both front and back protectors but since I have it in the Contour HardSkin case I'm not worried about the back too much.

OP
R
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Should I get the Zagg front and back if I'll be using my Griffin Nu Form Case, or should I not waste the money and just get the screen protector. I guess having it on the back wouldn't hurt when I slide the case bottom off to dock.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" iMac 2.7GHz Core i5, iPhone 6, iPad Air 2, 4th gen Apple TV
The bad thing is that there's no way to really protect your phone well from drops without a bulky case. I've dropped my old iPhone about 3 times on a hard surface and only once did it dent because it fell on the corner, but it does have a lot of scratches now. I'm thinking I'll just get the Zagg protector. It just seems like a crime to cover up such a beautiful thing.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Macbook Pro 2.66 GHz,13'' macbook white, 20" iMac, 16GB iPhone 3G white.
I've found a great skin that my friend has on his new iphone.. Comes in two options a two pice back (for easy intallation) or a one piece for no seam on the back. anyway i think everyone should check it out cause its only 7.99 and it "says" that its made with military grade finish.

I'm picking it up along with the marware white sportgrip
http://store.apple.com/ca/product/T...phone/iphone_accessories/cases&mco=MTI5MzUxMA

Check it:
http://www.bestskinsever.com/servlet/StoreFront
http://www.bestskinsever.com/servlet/the-88/iPhone-3G-Skin/Detail

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MBP unibody
What's up w/ those two extra holes up by the ear speaker?

OP
R
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
for the proximity sensors.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.