PowerMac UpGrade Questions

Reaction score
i am looking to buy a PowerMac G5 but i want 2 gigs of RAM and like 2HD's but it is freaking expensive, does any one know where i can go to get some good "cheep" RAM, HD and things like that.

G

General_K

Newegg.com is a great place to get hard drives, as well as other parts, such as memory. You could also get the memory from Crucial.com.

I wouldn't go for "cheep" memory, as you put it. Stick with name-brand, and something to keep in mind is that Crucial has a memory configurator that'll tell you exactly what you need, and they guarantee it'll work with your machine.

Reaction score
General_K said:
Newegg.com is a great place to get hard drives, as well as other parts, such as memory. You could also get the memory from Crucial.com.

I wouldn't go for "cheep" memory, as you put it. Stick with name-brand, and something to keep in mind is that Crucial has a memory configurator that'll tell you exactly what you need, and they guarantee it'll work with your machine.

I agree.......

DO NOT GO CHEAP RAM... The mac don't like it...The Power Mac G5 is pickey about what you put in it, it uses Pc3200 400mz, don't try and mix it with something else...I tried 2 sticks of Pc3200 433mz and it would not even boot with it. Stick with good name stuff like Corsair, osc, Kingston, Crucial and the like.

A good place to go is http://www.newegg.com their prices are very competative and service is very good too.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb
try OWC for upgrades, theyre often cheaper in price than crucial and also have an upgrade configurator.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.93GHz Quad-core Intel Xeon processor RuningSnoLeopard v 10.6.4 DDRe
Compatibility is 'the'' issue. Plus personal skill !!

Hi,
OS X 'Panther'is very particlar about the manufacturer of the sticks
of ram you add. Corsair is a 'top notch' brand go to the Corsair
website they got a special program that tells what goes with the system
you have. Personally, I just got a couple of sticks (in G5, RAM must be installed in pairs.) of 512mb, from www.macsolutions.com , figuring I'm in a wheelchair so I wanted lifetimegarantee and I heard good things about technical support Good Luck!!!!www.corsair.com

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.