Nonsense from AT&T

Reaction score
Maybe someone can help me out here. I have been having issues with the sound on my iPhone 3G. I called the store I bought it from (AT&T) and they told me to go to apple. I go to apple and they said ATT has to take care of me, because that's where I bought the phone..makes sense. I called the store again and I got the same deal they said theres not much they can do. I called my friend who works at ATT and she told me that they DO have to exchange it if I am within the 30 days and I have to go through point of purchase..again makes sense. I called the same store again and the guy told me there was nothing he can do because they have no stock of phones...unfortunately..makes sense. What doesn't make sense to me is how can they be selling phones but be so ill prepared for defective ones. I mean my problems are just sound issues that I can get by with but what if it was so bad that I couldn't even use the phone? I would be ticked and there would be nothing they could do about it. So what should I do everyone? It is getting closer and closer to 30 and I am getting very frustrated..

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.5ghz, 4gb/r, 200g7.2krpm
Go to the AT&T store, people are 100% useless on the phone. When your standing there in front of them they actually have to do something about it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2019 iMac 27"; 2020 M1 MacBook Air; macOS up-to-date... always.
Well you can hardly blame them for being out of stock. What you should do is get an AT&T manager involved (in-store), make it clear a replacement is due to you, and they should reserve one for you out of the next shipment.

OP
X
Reaction score
Well you can hardly blame them for being out of stock. What you should do is get an AT&T manager involved (in-store), make it clear a replacement is due to you, and they should reserve one for you out of the next shipment.

ok thats a good idea

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.5ghz, 4gb/r, 200g7.2krpm
They can't usually reserve from incoming shipments but they can order you one that will be shipped to the store. I doubt it will be a problem.

OP
X
Reaction score
When I talked to the guy on the phone (I dont think he was a manager) he said that their only taking special orders right now or something to that regard. So i said "ok can I just special order one and when it comes in exchange my phone with that" and he said no the special orders are for like new customers or upgrades or whatever since mine is a warranty issue it wouldnt work.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.