Cracked/Broken iPhone insurance

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
C2D 27" W/ MAGIC MOUSE,iPhone 3GS
Cracked/Broken iPhone insurance-ADVICE THREAD-

Well I have been scouring the internet and finding several 100 reports of people dropping their first gen iphones as well as the 3G iphone and cracking the screen.Some are paying the $250.00 repair for a new screen while some say they are looking for a work around.
I have a solution that works!(And no I do not work for any company I mention.I mention companies that have given me more than satisfactory service).
www.squaretrade.com Provides ADC (Accidental Damage Care).I paid a total of $67.00 for a 3 year protection plan and ADC.Meaning if I drop my iphone and crack the screen.This is the only company that you can be covered , from what I have found thus far.The deductible is $50.00. So if you are looking for protection or have ran into problems or want to protect your iphone I have given the solution.They do not provide theft or lost protection though-only set back.(They do cover accidental spills)
**You have to get the insurance within the first 30 days of your initial purchase of your iPhone.I purchased mine on July 11th*
I hope this will benefit the forum users and their phones.

The next company that will soon be providing protection (Complete coverage:Theft,damage,lost,water spills etc.)
Is www.safeware.com.They are working diligently on getting the protection passed for the iPhone.They also have a mailing list for when protection will be available.

On a side note.The best case that I have found that is waterproof,dust proof etc. Is Otterbox casing :www.otterbox.com
The waterproof casing is the iPhone Armor case (Which I purchased for my 1st Gen iPhone.I have dropped this phone in the ocean while being protected with the iPhone Armor case and the phone fell out of the boat into the ocean and eventually floated to the top , UNHARMED!!!)
They are also making a case for the 3G iphone.

Remember:I work for none of these corporations.These are companies that I have purchased from and have been completely satisfied with their products as well as service.

I hope this advice is good for those that are in hunt of some sort of protection for their iPhone.

Reaction score
i just bought a 20$ replacement glass screen and im fixing my broken 3g iphone myself. better than paying a side company to do it for me.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" MBP - Mid 2012 - i7 / iPad Air / iPhone 5s / ATV3
AT&T has an insurance plan, it's just not advertised too well. I'm not sure what the cost is but it should be cheaper then the repair or replacement cost of the phone.

OP
ibookmobile007
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
C2D 27" W/ MAGIC MOUSE,iPhone 3GS
Not for the 3G iPhone.Several times over the question has been asked but nothing going for the 3G iPhone at this time from ATT. As far as fixing the device myself , basically a void of the warranty.I would rather pay outright , so that I know its done correctly.Good luck on fixing your screen.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
17" MBP unibody
I also found that ProtectCell (www.protectcell.com) offers insurance for the iPhone 3G. It's $119.95 for a 2 year plan, $50 deductible on first claim and $100 on the second. This was offered through Blue Media, an authorized retailer of AT&T.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Colorware PowerBook 1.67 GHz G4, 2 GB DDR2, 100GB 7200 RPM
so what you're saying is, in case I'm dumb enough to drop my phone, I should pay 67 bucks, plus another 50 if it actually happens? I'd rather risk paying the full price than shell out half to insurance criminals, not to mention going through the hassle of filing a claim. If you're so worried, isn't a case a much cheaper protection investment?

Reaction score
3G iPhone Repair

i found a great place that will repair water damaged or any other type of damage to the iPhone
they work with AT&T and Apple with non warranty repairs
you can mail it in or if you are in the San Francisco Bay area they are up 101 north of the Golden Gate

www.northbayelectronics.com is the website i was in the bay area and just called and they fixed my phone the same day

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.