Adium, nor msn connects to msn.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MB: 2.4ghz core2duo, 2gb ram, 160gb SATA II hdd
I've tried Adium, I've tried msn for mac - all hopeless.

Adium was working perfect when I was hooked up via an Ethernet cable whilst at someone elses house, now that I'm home, last night I was able to connect to adium, after a lot of hassle. At 1am, I get disconnected(I don't know why, I just always do, every day, every week etc.) for a split second, which disconnected adium.

Was still able to browse the net, through safari and firefox, but yet adium refused to login.

Here's some info then:

3cd9e5f40d127f870c4976855ca82db8.png
f7fd1519c66a434439cc523532adc893.png

c869a1af86d355e6229af57630f2f7a4.png

Adium just stalls on that error.

I've tried things such as adding ips to the hosts, editing the dns etc. that I've read on other websites, still - no solution.

It'd be great to here what you've got to say,
Thanks in advance :)

Reaction score
It sounds like either the MSN servers are down or it's a network issue (probably a firewall or filter block). I've never had a problem with Adium, and I avoid Micro$oft programs when possible.

OP
B
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MB: 2.4ghz core2duo, 2gb ram, 160gb SATA II hdd
I managed to fix it, it seems what all them people on the adium support actually messed it up, not sure.

Anyway, I just edited my hosts file, deleted everything except localhost and the gateway.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.