• The Mac-Forums Community Guidelines (linked at the top of every forum) are very clear, we respect US law and court precedence when it comes to legality of activity.

Therefore to clarify:
    • You may not discuss breaking DVD or BluRay encryption, copying, or "ripping" commercial, copy-protected DVDs.
    • This includes DVDs or BluRays you own. Even if you own the DVD or BluRay, it is still technically illegal under the DMCA to break the encryption. While some may argue otherwise, until the law is rewritten or the US Supreme Court strikes it down, we will adhere to the current intent of the law.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying unprotected movies or homemade DVDs.
    • You may discuss ripping or copying tools in the context that they are used for legal purposes as outlined in this post.

Inserting Video into Powerpoint

Reaction score
If I make a video in Final Cut Express and then make it into a quicktime file, will I be able to insert the video into a power point presentation?
does anyone know about this or has anyone tried this before?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
A quicktime file will work in Powerpoint on the mac but will most likely not if transferred to a windows PC

I have found it best to use something like ffmpegX or MPEG Streamclip to convert the file to an AVI (encode with the Apple Cinepac codec)

That will work on both platforms

OP
Y
Reaction score
okay. yeah i should specified that i want to see if I can get it to work on both platforns, mac and windows.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
Download MPEG Streamclip from here

http://www.squared5.com/

make sure you expoer to ABI and that codec, maybe other codecs work but Cinepak is he one I have found to work on windows as well

OP
Y
Reaction score
squared5 seems to be working alright so far. seems easy to get around with, but i am confused on how to find the Cinepac Codec.
I converted one video to AVI ..JUST AVI.. and i lost sound..

i will keep fooling around though with it

OP
Y
Reaction score
is cinepac codec something you have to actually download? like a separate application? also.. are there versions for mac and pc?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.