iPhoto, MobileMe Gallery and resizing picture

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White Mac Book 2.4GHZ, 2GB
Hi all,

I'm a recent switcher (a month ago) and I'm a bit lost with iPhoto and MobileMe Gallery, I tried a search but I couldn't find what I'm looking for.

When I got my MB, I have successfully imported my pictures into iPhoto. The pictures have been imported in their original size/resolution.

I'd like to know if there is a way when uploading pictures from iPhoto to a MobileMe gallery to resize the pictures without affecting the original file?

For instance, in iPhoto I have a picture (1024x768) and I want to upload that picture to MobileMe in 800x600 but keeping the original picture (in iPhoto) in 1024x768.

I hope I'm clear in my explanations

I've looked around in the settings in iPhoto and MobileMe but I couldn't find anything or maybe I just don't understand the way iPhoto works :[

Thanks for your help!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
27" i7 iMac 2.8 Ghz, 1TB, 8GB RAM | 13" MBP 2.53Ghz 320GB HD, 4G RAM | iPad 2 64GB+3G *WHITE*
i dont have a mac so i dont know if there is a easier way to do it.. but you could use photobucket.com and upload your pics on there in the sizes you want and it wont affect the original..

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core 2 Duo, PPC G4
When you select the Web Gallery option in iPhoto, a pane opens. Check "Downloading of photos or entire album." Next, click the "Show Advanced" button and select "Optimized" from the last drop-down menu on the pane. You won't be able to set a particular size, but you can at least reduce the size of the images.

Another option is to use the "Export" option from iPhoto's File menu. You can then change the size of the photos and export them to a folder on your hard drive. You can upload them to a Web Gallery by reimporting them back into iPhoto or using the MobileMe web interface. It's not the perfect solution, but at least it lets you resize the photos to the dimensions you want.

Claire

OP
Fidou
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White Mac Book 2.4GHZ, 2GB
When you select the Web Gallery option in iPhoto, a pane opens. Check "Downloading of photos or entire album." Next, click the "Show Advanced" button and select "Optimized" from the last drop-down menu on the pane. You won't be able to set a particular size, but you can at least reduce the size of the images.

Another option is to use the "Export" option from iPhoto's File menu. You can then change the size of the photos and export them to a folder on your hard drive. You can upload them to a Web Gallery by reimporting them back into iPhoto or using the MobileMe web interface. It's not the perfect solution, but at least it lets you resize the photos to the dimensions you want.

Claire

Thanks. I'll probably give a try with the 2nd solution as it what I used to do on my PC.

Thanks for the suggestions

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.