Auto Dim/Brightness Feature...what a joke

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.5ghz, 4gb/r, 200g7.2krpm
Is it just me or does the Auto-Brightness feature not work at all. I figured it would be something like my Macbook Pro and adjust the backlight according to the amount of ambient light it detects, (which I will add works great on the MBP), but I just turned it off on the iPhone 3G because it does nothing. Is this just my phone or has anyone else noticed this?

Oh ya comon apple, I love this phone, but throw in copy/paste, Word/Excel/PPT editor, MMS messaging, and Video record, and I will be the happiest customer around. Note all these things are software, I love the iPhone 3G, IMO hardwares near perfect, software needs tweaking, or even a 3rd party app for all these things would please me. (a bit off topic I know)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro (17" Unibody, 2.93GHz, 8GB DRR3, 320GB 7200, Anti-Glare Screen)
Actually I've noticed this as well.

The brightness doesn't seem to change at all, even with auto-brightness turned on. I just leave it off and change my brightness manually when going out into bright sunlight.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac Core i5(3.6 GHz) 8 GB RAM, MBP C2Duo(2.4 GHz) 4 GB RAM, MB C2Duo(2.4 GHz) 2 GB RAM
The brightness adjusts on my iphone...

OP
R
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MBP 2.5ghz, 4gb/r, 200g7.2krpm
I have tried holding it under a bright light then going into pitch black and it doesn't change a bit. Even if I put it to sleep and turn it back on it still doesn't dim or brighten.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.