Sharing between users

Reaction score
I have 10.4, and currently have a personal user account setup, and an account for work. I often times modify the same files on both accounts, and have also made my work folder accessible from either user (it is stored under my personal account and shared with my work account).

The problem I'm having is that I save files on one account, but when I open on the other it is read only. I then have to go back and reapply my share settings to the entire folder to ensure I can read and write from both.

What am I doing wrong? Is there a better way to share the same folder between two users and allow complete access for both?

Thanks

Del

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 2xQuad core 2.8GHZ
The way i done it was to turn on file sharing, then set the privs to read/write access on the folder containing the shared files. Then when i 'connect as' from the other machine I am able to edit the files.

OP
J
Reaction score
the problem is i have two different user accounts, but they're both on the same machine.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.