Question on HP Laserjet 1005

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook, 2.4GHz processor, 2GB RAM, 150 GB
Hi guys, I recently switched over and one of the remnants from my Windows PC days was my HP Laserjet 1005. See, the thing was that on my Windows PC I could do things like select things like print quality, manual duplex etc. However, I can't seem to find these options when I use them on my Macbook. I have already installed the driver for the printer... But it doesn't seem to do much. Sure, I can print... But I just can't seem to modify much when I want to choose how I want it printed.

Thanks!

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Unfortunately, HP doesn't provide many options for their OS X drivers. I don't know why since their printers are very popular. I have the same problem with my Laserjet 1012, all sorts of options in Windows but not much for OS X.

I guess I should be glad that it works at all. :D BTW, more and better printing options are available in Linux Ubuntu. Go figure.

Newer printers from HP are better supported.

Regards.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
OP
D
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook, 2.4GHz processor, 2GB RAM, 150 GB
Thanks for the reply... I'm glad it works, don't get me wrong... Just that it'll be great if I can configure a little bit more based on how I want to use it...

And I just visited HP site for the Leopard-ready drivers. Apparently HP Laserjet P1005 wasn't supported. ARGH!!!! They're promoting it as an entry-level laser printer for home use yet they don't support it! What the ****?

Reaction score
Hi Guys,

I have problem with this printer as well. Options like Print quality etc...don't work for me. How is it with your printer ? Do you have enable these options ?

Reaction score
P1006

I have the P1006 which is similar and have it connected to iMac. If you go to print then there is a area that you can select duplex, layout, paper handling, and several other items that you can change.

Roger

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 2.4 GHZ, 2G Ram, 160 GB HD| iPhone 4
I had two different hp printers and have had two different problems. Apparently Hp forgot to add a driver for the second printer.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.