Canon All-In-One

Reaction score
I have a MacBook Pro and I'm looking to get a Printer and Scanner to hook up to it. From my understanding, I won't be able to scan wirelessly.

This is the printer/scanner/copier that I would like to get.

My question is: What exactly will I need to make the scanner work with my Mac, and frankly, is it a good choice?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini 14.3, 8.1 & 4.1, OS 13.5, 10.14, & 10.11 & 10.6; Macbook Pro 8.2, OS 10.12.
I'm looking to get a Printer and Scanner to hook up to it. This is the printer/scanner/copier that I would like to get. What exactly will I need to make the scanner work with my Mac, and frankly, is it a good choice?

Almost nothing, other than installing the printer software and following connection instructions; and yes, it will be a good choice. See also http://www.usa.canon.com/consumer/co...categoryid=178 and http://www10.shopping.com/xPC-Canon-Canon-MP470-Pixma-All-in-One-Printer (slightly lower prices).

Canon printers simply work well with Macs. They're great. I have a baseline MP110 and I work it hard. Other than the odd squeaking noises, it's never missed a beat, and ink use is economical. You can buy generic ink cartridges for the Pixma machines too. For home use, the MP 470 will do a good job.

OP
Z
Reaction score
Thanks for the reply, but after re-measuring and taking a look at the dimensions, I'd like something that isn't almost 18" deep. :(

Here is the new one I'd like. I can't seem to find if it is compatible with Macs and if it is wireless or not. Either way, all I need is a USB cable.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini 14.3, 8.1 & 4.1, OS 13.5, 10.14, & 10.11 & 10.6; Macbook Pro 8.2, OS 10.12.
I'd like something that isn't almost 18" deep.
Here is the new one I'd like. I can't seem to find if it is compatible with Macs and if it is wireless or not. Either way, all I need is a USB cable.

Read down near the bottom of the page link you've posted - "PC and Mac compatible".

Hey, don't want to snuff your candle, I see what you mean about depth dimension, and it's a good price, but do some checking on the Mac forums about HP printers with Mac. There are 'issues'. I get nothing for promoting Canon, but I've set up 7 of them for clients, and they're just darned good multi-purpose printers.

Don't just consider my opinion, post a question to this and other forums with eg. "Canon or HP?"

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.