Today, is a day, that will live, in infamy.....

?

)(*

At the age of 5 and up, i was always fascinated with computers. I loved every bit of them, the technology, usefulness, and creativity that surrounded them.

In my 11th year, we got our first computer. A Gateway 450MHz. It was truly, a very very happy day. My world opened like never before, and my mind started to expand like fire with fuel.

Now, my 16th year, my 16th Christmas. 4 incredable things have happened. In order:
1. My Grandmother died
2. I got my Drivers License
3. I got a car

And now 4. I just ordered a 12inch powerbook!

Getting my license was great, and a car aswell. But when i placed my order for this sweet machine, i had a grin that would just no stop. My happiness and love for this holiday have sparked once again. No more of a gloomy warm one now. But one with a void so large that it took a laptop to fill.

I hate to brag on myself, but ive wanted a laptop since before our first computer. And now, its finnaly happening. My dreams are moving to reality.

Ill keep you fine people updated as the events move closer to the birth of Christ.

cheers,

ps - drive safe

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb
congrats on your new powerbook, and welcome to mac-forums. if you need any help with set up or anything, let us know, and if possible, post pics when you get it.

OP
S

SamR

Also congrats, my first computer purchase was my 15" PB a few months ago. It will keep your legs nice and toasty in these cold winter months

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MBP, 2.4Ghz, 4GB ram, 160Gig hd, superdrive
Congrates.. hope ur not too sad that your Grandmother passed away.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro 2.6 GHz Core 2 Duo 4GB RAM OS 10.5.2
Actually if you are a male, you'll probably want to buy a lap desk. They just did a study on laptops and men and it shows that when men have laptops on their laps and their legs are close together and the extra heat from the laptops, it can cause fertiility problems... Just an fyi :)

OP
D

Desolate One

Murlyn said:
Actually if you are a male, you'll probably want to buy a lap desk. They just did a study on laptops and men and it shows that when men have laptops on their laps and their legs are close together and the extra heat from the laptops, it can cause fertiility problems... Just an fyi :)

I would assume it's just like sitting in a hot tub for a while, or riding a bike as a profession/hobby. Take a break from the cycling, hot tub, PowerBook usage on your lap for a bit and your fish will swim no problem.

Oh, and welcome aboard. :mac:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
Man I remember my first computer. 33mhz I think, didn't have ram, a 1 or 2 mb hard drive with DOS.

I still remember messing around on the ole commadore 64.

I remember an old gateway 166mhz that we upgraded with 32 mb of ram and it seemed amazing (along with the external 28.8kbps serial modem)

OP
?

)(*

i got my:
12 inch powerbook with 512MB ram, superdrive
.Mac ver 2.5
Final Cut Express
3 year warranty

it is a brilliant machine.

just

it runs hot, real hot. isnt there a fan or something i can engage?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White Macbook 2.0, 1gb RAM, 80gb HD
i hear ya man, i got my first mac today.(iMac G5) it's great! im still trying to figure osx out but im getting there

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.