aim shutsdown constantly...help

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black MacBook--2.4ghz--4gb RAM--250gb HD__iPod Touch 8gb
just downloaded aim v. 4.7 and it barely works. I sign in...send a message and most of the time get an error saying it closed but it was not due to OSX. So why is it doing this????

EDIT: It says and i quote "The application AIM quit unexpectedly after it was relaunched.

"Mac OS X and other apps are not affected."

Reaction score
You might need to update your system. What version of Mac OS X are you running? In any case, I recommend switching to Adium anyway! ;)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook 2ghz, 1gb RAM, 80gb HD
AIM for the Mac has not been updated in a LONG time, and AOL should really take it off their website. You have a few choices. The first is to use iChat, which is included in OS X. It is compatible with AIM and can do audio/video chatting. If you go this route, I also recommend downloading Chax which adds some nice features to iChat. You can download it here.

The other option previously mentioned is Adium. It only supports text chat, but is extremely customizable. You can visit their website by clicking here.

Finally, you can download the new AOL Desktop client for Mac by visiting that website by clicking here.

Personally, I use Adium because I chat with users on GoogleTalk, MSN, and Yahoo as well.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.