problem watching Apple tutorials

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24" iMac 3.06Ghz
Sorry if this is pretty basic..but I'm brand new to iMac AND Apple. When watching the tutorials on the apple site, I'm getting flashes every 2-3 sec. I tried it on my Dell and its fine. Am I doing something wrong. I really enjoy my new iMac by the way, but it does take some getting used to. Thanks.

Reaction score
Wait so what do you mean you're getting flashes? Like the actual screen goes white for a quick second then back to the tutorial or what?

OP
B
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24" iMac 3.06Ghz
While the tutorial is playing i'm getting a flicker in the video, it doesn't stop or anything its just annoying to watch and i don't get it on my PC playing the same video. Also this only happens on the Apple tutorials, i've watched other videos and it doesn't occur.

OP
B
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24" iMac 3.06Ghz
I just tried watching some other tutorials from the Apple site...some won't load at all. Yet I go to my PC and they will load and play no problems at all. For example the one on Imovie importing from a camcorder works fine on PC but when i click on it from my iMac, it just says done in the lower left of the screen with no video or other responce. Am i missing something here?? Other videos like the tutorial on Aperture works fine..what gives!

OP
B
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24" iMac 3.06Ghz
OK I think I might be on to something...Using Firefox some videos won't play but they will play when I use Safari...strange. But even on Safari when I try to watch the imovie "sharing to youtube" the quicktime symbol comes up but then a "?" appears overtop of it and it won't play..any thoughts on why this is happening???

Reaction score
Some Apple tutorials won't load on my MacBook either.... some take forever to load... must be a problem with the website...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 2.16 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, iPod Touch 2g 16GB
Some Apple tutorials won't load on my MacBook either.... some take forever to load... must be a problem with the website...

Same here. I just subscribed to the podcast and watched them that way.

Reaction score
I am a little slow with some of this stuff... what is the link to this podcast?? I am assuming I will be able to watch in through iTunes since I am not fortunate to have a video iPod??

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.