• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Mac-Forums IRC Chat

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

Jefe3223

I almost forgot....
IRC TONIGHT!!!!
Tonight @ 7EST (that's 6 for all you on central time).
I'll probably be doing accounting work, but i'll sit there too.

J

Jefe3223

*Sigh.* i'm disappointed in most of you. We had a decent time on tonight, though there were only a few of us. It would hae been even more fun if I understood Bonds. Oh well; I expect more of you all to be there next time...ok, I don't really expect, but I would like to see more of you... I'm love-able...right?

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
Jefe3223 said:
*Sigh.* i'm disappointed in most of you. We had a decent time on tonight, though there were only a few of us. It would hae been even more fun if I understood Bonds. Oh well; I expect more of you all to be there next time...ok, I don't really expect, but I would like to see more of you... I'm love-able...right?

Sorry I was so off and on in the chat tonight but a lot happened here. I was also disapointed that a few others did not show up this time. Hope they can make it next time. It was fun chatting the little I did though.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb
O my god, I cant believe I forgot! I was very busy though, still busy in fact. sorry, I'll definitely plan on being there next week.

iWhat

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, iMac G5, iPad, iPhone 4, iPod (MANY)!
Macman said:
O my god, I cant believe I forgot! I was very busy though, still busy in fact. sorry, I'll definitely plan on being there next week.

Don't worry, ya didn't miss much at all. It was me and other members just showing off our music collection, because dead air kept lingering in the chat room.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
o, ok, whats next weeks topic?

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini M-1 MacOS Monterey, iMac 2010 27"Quad I7 , MBPLate2011, iPad Pro10.5", iPhoneSE
iWhat said:
Don't worry, ya didn't miss much at all. It was me and other members just showing off our music collection, because dead air kept lingering in the chat room.

Yeah, the air was pretty dead allright! It was interesting seeing all the different music people here like.

iWhat

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macman said:
o, ok, whats next weeks topic?

Not sure, but there was some strange topics this time. Some kept talking about their bent wookies. That's air over my head, and then it became a topic in the chat room.

J

Jefe3223

We went on a Ralph Wiggim Quote tyrade. It was cool, though we all had a lot of work to do. I never know the topic...it's generally whatever.

A

Abira_Kam

i2oadi2unnei2 said:
It's been ages since I've used/gone to an IRC channel! Some of us are new to Mac-Forums including myself, however, before I/we jump the gun, anyone care to give us the Pros and Cons for Colloguy and Conversation?

Cheers,

RR
Hey... are u russian???? are u from SPb??

J

Jefe3223

I figure I should mention this now (because I've taken it upon myself to push this thing more and more): IRC chat, This sunday, 7pm eastern standard time. FUN, FACTS, AND FORUM BUDDIES.

I'll be in transit tomorrow and probably won't come around 'till sunday. (i hope i'm there in time, if i am not, i will come on asap). Let's make this one a good one.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I'll almost definitely be there this time. probably. I hope. see you there.:mac:

J

Jefe3223

I hope I'm there too...I might be late, but you never know. Traffic is so unpredictable in Chicago.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2GHz Mac Mini 2GB RAM 160GB 10.6.2 | MDD DP 1.25GHz G4 1.5GB RAM 10.4.11 | 233MHz iMac G3 10.3.9
sorry, new to IRC... is this ther correct server address? "irc://irc.freenode.net/#Mac-Forums" ? Any specific port? (Downloaded Conversation) :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2GHz Mac Mini 2GB RAM 160GB 10.6.2 | MDD DP 1.25GHz G4 1.5GB RAM 10.4.11 | 233MHz iMac G3 10.3.9
n/m...think it connected w/o the "irc://"

J

Jefe3223

We had a good IRC chat last night. Major hitters were (if my memory serves me well) Schweb, iWhat, Macman, JEFE (<-Me!), DeusExMachina, bhanson (for a little while) and lastly, very late and not too fashionable there was CaptainMack and Travis. haha Towards the end of the night conversation became a jerk, so to coll. I will go, next time. Hope everyone enjoyed themselves, I sure did. Bonding time is such a blast. We learned about each other and even discovered some hidden pictures (??). I hope next weeks is as popular, if not more.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
lol, yea, it was great, I'll have the pics next time;), I hope. I was disappointed that so few showed up, I even learned a cool new trick in colloquy with itunes.

iWhat

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Yes, yesterday's chat session was one of the better ones that I have been to. There were many highlights. One of them, I got my user profile icon to turn blue, w00t! With a little help, of course. :dummy: :eek: Okay, my priorities are a little different from the average person. But it's the little things in life that make me happy people.

dtravis7

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Where was everyone tonight? Not too many showed but I had a good time. Fearlessfreep, IWhat, Graphite and I were there. We talked about Fearless's attack cat, Tiger OS, Music and misc stuff.

Hope more show up next weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.