HDD won't mount!!!!

J

jchae

Hi,

I recently bought an external hdd. It's a Western Digital 7,200rpm 2mb hdd in an external hdd enclosure. I formatted to HFS and it was working perfectly fine untill it unmounted itself. It now cannot mount and everytime I plug it in and power it up OS X gives me this warning that it is an unrecognizable disk. However, in FirstAid verifying and repariing it return possitive results and identify it by it's partition name "chaeback" If I could upload a screenshot onto this forum that'd make my explanation a lot simpler.

PLEASE HELP ME! I JUST BOUGHT THIS HDD AND I HAVE SOME VERY IMPORTANT WORK ON IT!

Thanks,

James Chae

View attachment hdd problem.pdf

rman

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14in MacBook Pro M1 Max 32GB 2TB
Have you tried to mount it your self using the disk utility application that is shown. There is a mount button at the top of the window. That should mount the file system for you. After that it will mount automatically again.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.