Search Amazon MP3 Store for selected/previewing track in iTunes Store

Reaction score
I was hoping to find an AppleScript (that I'd trigger with a hotkey) which could somehow determine the necessary details of a song that's either selected, or is current being previewed, in the iTunes Music store - then once the script has collected these details it would launch my default browser and search the Amazon MP3 store to see if the song was available on that site's catalog (so that prior to purchasing the track in iTunes, I could possibly save 10-cents and have a DRM free copy of the song I'm interested in)...

One of Doug's iTunes scripts does exactly what I am hoping to do, but it only works for tracks in your iTunes library and not on the iTunes Store.

I'd be extremely grateful if someone could perhaps take a look at Doug's script and tweak the code to make it work in the itunes store as well (if that's even possible)

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.