• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Question about APPLE support

Reaction score
HI everybody. I have hearing some stuff about Apple Support and just wanted to ask you guys this question. Some people were saying that Apple support people are rude and that they don't really care when you talk to them and stuff. Also is it worth it to get Apple Support. Does a mac really screw up as early as 3 years?? i know stuff happens but still...........

Anything about your experiences and stuff please let me know....

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Way... way too many specs to list.
I've seen multi-million dollar pieces of computer equipment arrive DOA. I've also worked on a lot of high end systems with significant problems during the first year.

3 years is pretty reasonable in terms of a coverage range. Whether it's worth it or not to you, I can't say.

OP
coltssaturday
Reaction score
oh, ok thanks.............

anybody else with comments or thier experience.....

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
In just about every survey I've ever seen, Apple usually tops or is amongst the top manufacturers in terms of each key area - reliability, tech support and customer loyalty.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Intel Core 2 Duo 2.4Ghz MacBook White 2GB RAM
I know this is an oldish thread, but...

I've already called Apple twice in a month, but not due to problems per se. The first time, Verizon claimed it was my computer's fault that the router's password wasn't accepted [aka she had no clue what she was doing]. The Apple tech was obviously a little confused and very adamantly told me it was a Verizon issue, but she was still very nice. The second time I wanted to ask about my AppleCare plan [I don't have any physical proof that I indeed have the plan] and the guy confirmed it on my account no problem.

I have experienced minimal wait time and friendly technicians using Apple's support. :)

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White Mac Book 2.4GHZ, 2GB
In June, I bought a middle range Macbook from the Apple Store Sydney and after 3 weeks I had a problem with the screen so I decided to get back to the Apple Store and see what could be done.

The genius said that they will replace the screen and call me when the machine is ready.
When I came to pick up my machine I had different issues such as: bluetooth module missing, the case was clipped on correctly, the keyboard has been changed for unknown reasons and the top casing was all scratched.

Of course I showed that to a genius and he offered to change the top casing but I had to wait for a spare part to be ordered. When I get back home, I found some more issues on the casing so I decided to go back to the store.

After talking with 2 geniuses, they just decided to replace my machine by a brand new one.

To answer your question, I've spoken with about 4 different geniuses, all of them were really nice and did their best to help me and fix the issues. At no single moment there were any arguments, the geniuses just kindly asked me to explain what happened, etc

I don't really know what happened during the maintenance but the customer service was just perfect!!

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.