Login Window after lid close

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" Macbook Pro 2.66 GHz,13'' macbook white, 20" iMac, 16GB iPhone 3G white.
Hey, I was just wondering if anyone know how to setup my macbook so that when I close my lid and then re-open it, the login window will appear.

Is there a way to set that up or maybe a way to set it so that when i close it, it will log me out of my account?

Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, 2.2 GHz, 4GB RAM
iscameron,

If you just close it, it will go to sleep and that basically closes it out to any activity, internet or otherwise - no one will be able to talk to your Macbook. When you open the Macbook's cover, it will be ready with your account open.

In other words, you don't need to log in and log out. Closing the Macbook cover renders it inactive. But ready to go when you are...

Noel

OP
iscameron
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thanks, but....

I would like it to return to the login window so that if someone else is to pick up my computer before myself I want them to have to use the guest account and not have access to my personal account.

OP
iscameron
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
So, i figured it out if you set up your preferences to ask for a password after sleep, close lid setting there is an option to switch users... not exactly what i had in mind but it will work.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.