Macbook Pro Upgrade Questions

Reaction score
Hey Guys. I currently have a Macbook 2.0GHz Core 2 Duo with 120GB HD and 2GB Ram.

I'm purchasing a used Macbook Pro and was wondering if replacing the Macbook Pro HD with the one that use to be in my Macbook work? Would it transfer all my information without any problems? Are both the HD and Ram compatable with the Macbook Pro.

Thanks, and I look forward to hearing from you guys.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, 2.2 GHz, 4GB RAM
HeyItsDan,

Not sure, there may be some logic board/chip set differences that could cause a problem running a Macbook hard drive setup on a MBP...

The hard drives and RAM are physically compatible.

There could also be a problem replacing the drive in the MBP - that could possibly void it warranty (if there still is one). If it's still in warranty, take the Macbook hard drive and the MBP to an Apple Store and ask if they recommend the change and can they make it for you... If it's out of warranty, go ahead and try it, not much to lose if it doesn't work.

Noel

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.