Strange video glitch

Reaction score
When I boot up my Mac, everything is fine until the desktop starts to load, then there are pieces of the dock, loading window, and HD icon scattered around the screen in various places. Changing the resolution/refresh rate fixes it, and I can even change it back to what it originally was without any problem. This doesn't happen if I plug my monitor in after the system has booted.

My guess is the video card (NVidia GeForce2 MX, 32 MB) doesn't like my monitor (Compaq 7500) very much, because my other PowerMac G4, which has a different video card has no problem with this monitor.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
With later OS such as Tiger and Panther, early nVidia GeForce 2MX and ATI Radeon Rage 128 Pro, both with minimum quantities of VRAm, struggle. As your PowerMac is 4X AGP you would note a huge difference with say a GeForce 4MX or ATI Radeon 9000 with 128MB VRAM.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, 2.2 GHz, 4GB RAM
Strange, but sounds like you've got it figured out, or at least how to make it work :)

I think the refresh rate is the answer...

Noel

OP
kahlil88
Reaction score
Strange, but sounds like you've got it figured out, or at least how to make it work :)

I think the refresh rate is the answer...

Yeah, I'm definitely onto something. But I plan to sell it, and I don't want the buyer to have to deal with this issue.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.