Macs are good except for...

Reaction score
The mouse.
Seriously, *** is with it?
It's on max speed and it's not even close to my PCs mouse.
It's SO hard to click on a small button or highlight a letter.
On the PC in 2 seconds I could highlight something. On the MAC there I am for 10 seconds trying to struggle to highlight a word.
Now is my mouse broken? It's the official Apple mouse, wireless.
seriously, it's making me now even wana use my mac

Reaction score
What exactly makes it hard to click a small button?
Is it the mouse itself, the speed the pointer moves or what that is the problem?

If it is the mouse itself, any other mouse will work just fine.

Reaction score
My mouse I used on my pc is the same mouse I now have on my macbook when im not using airport and its speed is perfectly fast enough.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, 2.2 GHz, 4GB RAM
GoodTimeJoey,

Just buy yourself a USB mouse for $20-30 and you'll be happy as a clam.

Or, go to System Preferences>Keyboard & Mouse, click on mouse tab and set it up for faster response.

Noel

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Way... way too many specs to list.
there's a difference in how windows and mac handle mouse movements. It's always been that way. If you're really upset about it buy steermouse, it will let you configure it to be identical to a PC. Really though, it's just a matter of what you're accustomed to. Neither bother me.

cwa107

Retired Staff
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
14" MacBook Pro M1 Pro, 16GB RAM, 1TB SSD
there's a difference in how windows and mac handle mouse movements. It's always been that way. If you're really upset about it buy steermouse, it will let you configure it to be identical to a PC. Really though, it's just a matter of what you're accustomed to. Neither bother me.

As I understand it, there's enough options with the Mighty Mouse driver that you can tweak it to feel like a Windows mouse. It's the folks who buy 3rd party mice that run into this issue - and for that, I agree, Steermouse can be used to make it feel perfect.

OP
G
Reaction score
Wow, well thanks for the advice.
I'll probably download SteerMouse then since I don't want to give up the apple mouse. It's to nice.
Thanks people :D

OP
G
Reaction score
So I got steermouse and it moves faster now. but there's still some problem, i'm thinking it's to heavy or that it has a delayed reaction with bluetooth.
I'll try a regular 2click wired mouse and see if that's it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I have a bluetooth mouse that I really like ... on SOME surfaces. On others it's hard to move (like my 12 year old Scoobie Doo mouse pad). does the mouse feel like it's dragging?

OP
G
Reaction score
yes thats the EXACT word.
It's dragging. I'm moving QUICK to a word and BAM! it slows and the sensitivity drops by like 50 times! it's crazy, its put so much strain on my wrist its like I got Carpel Tunnel syndrome in 1 hour.
jesus it hurts.
so what can I do to remedy the situation?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Get a HDPE (plastic) mouse pad. I have one at work and it's awesome. At least it FEELS like it's high density polyethylene. They're cheap.. (like $5) and see if that solves it

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 2.4Ghz core 2 duo, 200GB HD,Nvidia 256 DDR3 graphics, 6GB RAM
Ill tell you what, i just recently took the plunge and bought a macbook pro and i think the track pad is one of the best that i have ever used on a laptop. Its responsive, smooth working track pads i have used on any laptop.

I only have a wireless mouse because for prolonged use you need the comfort of having a real mouse to use. Otherwise i use the track pad more then i use the mouse i purchased.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
yes, my mbp is my primary workstation.. both at home and at work. I agree though, I can use it for hours with the trackpad.. MUCH more comfortable than my thinkpads trackpad.

OP
G
Reaction score
no, the trackpad is annoying too. With a PC I could navigate with my eyes clothes it's so perfect. on the mac it seems to get slower at parts and faster at other parts and the delay just kills me. I want my arrow to move across the screen with consitincency and perfect accuracy.

I guess I'll get a mousepad and ill try a wired PC mouse. I'll see what works.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I just have a kensington USB mouse. No need to buy a "mac" mouse unless you feel its necessary to do so. They are very expensive!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ya i hear ya. i was never that picky about mice. As long as its laster and glides nice im not that hard to please

OP
G
Reaction score
well if it puts a strain on my wrists it sure gets annyoing. I think its just the surface though. Sometimes, I'll switch to new surface and it glides PERFECT.
i guess ill get one of those mousepads suggested above. I'm sure that'll fix the problem.

OP
G
Reaction score
it turned out to be that the surface was the problem.
I've been on a wooden desk the whole day and the mouse works perfectly.
The only problem is that it's a bit to heavy with the batteries.
But I guess I'll get used to it since wires get ANNOYING.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.