Cd-rw

M

mac_noobie

Hi, I recently bought some cd-rw disks because I want to back up some of my data. However when I put some files onto the disk through the finder window, it burns it.. but then I can't put anything else on it unless i completely erase it. On my PC it will let me add stuff to my cd-rw disk after I've put files on it... thats what I thought the purpose of cd-rw disks were. If anyone knows how to remedy this it would be greatly apprechiated.

Thank you,

Alex

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb
Badger said:
Here's an Apple tech-note that explains how: http://docs.info.apple.com/article.html?artnum=160588. Speaking from personal experience, you might want to invest in more user-friendly software like Toast if you are planning to do a lot of multi-session disks.
even dragonburn or firestarter would be good. firestarter is great, and its donationware, so free sorta, its here

OP
M

mac_noobie

Thanks alot, that website really helped me out... I have a decent amount of computing knowledge, so I got through it easily... Thank's again. ;)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.