What Monitor should I get

Reaction score
I am been thinking about getting a Apple 23 inch display but also looking into the Dell's too.

What should I do

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac pro Quad Xeon; 15" Retina Macbook Pro; macbooks (family); Macbook pro 17"; intel & G4 iMacs.
I am been thinking about getting a Apple 23 inch display but also looking into the Dell's too.

What should I do

I like the Dell 2407 (or 2408 now!). It is cheaper and with more input options. Both have a USB hub too.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac pro Quad Xeon; 15" Retina Macbook Pro; macbooks (family); Macbook pro 17"; intel & G4 iMacs.
My computer's main task in photography! Yes the Dell is as good as the Apple picture wise, possibly better. I have tried both monitors and numerous others and the Dell is just superb. If you can get a Dell 3007 then the extra resolution is even better!

OP
R
Reaction score
I like the Dell 2407 (or 2408 now!). It is cheaper and with more input options. Both have a USB hub too.

My computer's main task in photography! Yes the Dell is as good as the Apple picture wise, possibly better. I have tried both monitors and numerous others and the Dell is just superb. If you can get a Dell 3007 then the extra resolution is even better!

I am thinking of getting either the

23" Apple Cinema Display which I can get from apple for £549.00 due to a agreement with the store manager for a past problem i had.

Or

24" Dell 2408WFP for £380...

Are you saying you have had the Apple Cinema display the latest one before and saying your dell is better?

So you reckon I should save my dosh and get the Dell 2408WFP would be the best option with all the extra it got too

Andrew

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
I am thinking of getting either the

23" Apple Cinema Display which I can get from apple for £549.00 due to a agreement with the store manager for a past problem i had.

Or

24" Dell 2408WFP for £380...

Are you saying you have had the Apple Cinema display the latest one before and saying your dell is better?

So you reckon I should save my dosh and get the Dell 2408WFP would be the best option with all the extra it got too

Andrew

IF the current Apple 23" monitor is the same as the one that they were selling in August last year (which I think it is) then YES I prefer the DELL 2407 to the Apple. Also the 2408 is better !!

OP
R
Reaction score
IF the current Apple 23" monitor is the same as the one that they were selling in August last year (which I think it is) then YES I prefer the DELL 2407 to the Apple. Also the 2408 is better !!

Yup they are the same and been the same for nearly 2 years I think. Apple are way behind on the ACD.

Last question

What on the Dell is better than the ACD is it the colour the picture or just everything

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Yup they are the same and been the same for nearly 2 years I think. Apple are way behind on the ACD.

Last question

What on the Dell is better than the ACD is it the colour the picture or just everything

Its a personal preference thing really, I just think the contrast is a little better, the styling is better, the Dell has a sound bar option, the Dell has more inputs and the Dell is cheaper. Also the latest Dell the 2408 is HDCP compatible so you could attach it to a blu-ray and watch films if you liked!

OP
R
Reaction score
Thank you for your kind help....

I am going try and make me mind up after tmr. As I am going to apple store tmr to take my Time Capsule back which I hate and find Pointless it sooo **** slow. So I have another nose at the ACD but I honestly think i go for a Dell since it cheaper and gets alot of good reviews.

Andrew

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Thank you for your kind help....

I am going try and make me mind up after tmr. As I am going to apple store tmr to take my Time Capsule back which I hate and find Pointless it sooo **** slow. So I have another nose at the ACD but I honestly think i go for a Dell since it cheaper and gets alot of good reviews.

Andrew

The Time Capsule DOH! Basically a total waste of time. Just use an external drive ! Vastly better

OP
R
Reaction score
The Time Capsule DOH! Basically a total waste of time. Just use an external drive ! Vastly better

Correct they waste of time and found that out after LOL so i am now using a external..

I be going in the apple store soon to take it back and have a nose at the ACD before deciding

Cheers

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.