• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Do you think it sells?

Reaction score
Hey everyone. I was just thinking of the iPod Photo. And how much of a waste of money it is. Why would you want to view pictures on such a small screen. Would you actually walk around looking at pictures on your iPod? It doesn't even have a camera... So i don't see why it would be a good seller. It's so expensive.... but in my opinion not worth it. What do you think? Is it selling? Would you buy one ?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
12" Apple PowerBook G4 (1.5GHz)
I wouldn't buy one. I don't even have regular iPod, and don't plan on getting one anytime soon.

I don't completely understand the whole iPod craze, anyway. I think iPod is great, but I don't listen to music that much when I'm not either in the car, or at my desk. (In both places, I have something else to play music.)

I suppose some people might like digital pictures enough to buy one. Lots of people carry photos in their wallets that aren't any smaller than iPod Photo's screen.* And remember, iPod Photo still plays music, works as a hard drive, stores contacts, etc. I think it'll sell to enough people to make a profit, but I think that most people will just buy non-photo iPod.

*You can show them on a television, too.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 1Ghz OS X 10.4.7
One thing about it, it iPod controls display in a OS X mimic that is truly amazing! If I had that money, I might buy it for that instead of the storage and photo capability!

OP
shaun89
Reaction score
"One thing about it, it iPod controls display in a OS X mimic"

I don't really understand that. But thanks for the replies. I think it would still make a profit, but wouldn't be that useful. Only for music. But then theres the regular iPod. :S

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb
I was interested, but when will you walk around and show photos to someone, the color screen is cool, but not worth the money IMO. one good use is for photographers, if they have that belkin card reader, they can shoot with a digital camera, as many do now, and drop it on the ipod photo and see what they have, better than on most camera displays.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
Apparently it is selling more than it was expecting to

OP
shaun89
Reaction score
Good point Macman. There's a flash reader in the dock right?

And i think it might sell more because of people who just have maney to blow. And it's christmas so it might become a good (but expensive) gift.

And is the colour screen really that crisp?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
There is not a flash reader in the dock

The screen is incredibly crisp

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb
shaun89 said:
Good point Macman. There's a flash reader in the dock right?

And i think it might sell more because of people who just have maney to blow. And it's christmas so it might become a good (but expensive) gift.

And is the colour screen really that crisp?
nope, the card reader is by belkin and sells seperately.

S

SamR

Yeah the screen is very crisp, and it cycles through photots as fast as you can spin your finger around without missing a beat. It's better than I thought it'd be to look at pictures but not worth the size/money for me. I bet the 60GB sells just as much if not more just for people who won't even put pictures on it but need that much space for music.

OP
shaun89
Reaction score
Oh. True... They should make a 60 GB regular. But then they will probably just sell alot more of those, and alot less of iPod Photos. You think thats why there is only a 60 GB iPod Photo?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.