Printing from AppleWorks - print quality

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac OS 10.3.9
I'm having a problem with my new Canon inkjet printer (MPV-470) and printing from Appleworks. Everytime I print a word document the printed text is not dark and black. I've been through the change text color many times and no matter what color I choose, black or other, the document still prints in a light shade of blue.

I can print web pages fine, it just seems to be whatever I create and print from Appleworks that I have the problem. Does anyone know of solution? Are there settings in Appleworks that need to be changed to make the printer print text in dark black (not bolded, but dark regular type).

Any ideas and suggestions would be most appreciated.

Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
I have no idea why text should appear blue, but try this (how I usually troubleshoot printing)

Print from Appleworks as normal, rather than hit the Print button, hit Preview to create a PDF

If the resulting PDF looks OK print from that (I also use this method with excel, to make sure it is printing on the correct number of pages before it gets to the printer)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.