just got quicksilver, 867mhz, 512 meg, 40 gig, zip drive, dvd machine

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
++24" imac 3ghz / may-08+ ibook G3-500mhz-10g-384m-12", nov-07 +G4 quicksilver 867 mhz/512MB july/08
yay! for me....

this is the third mac for our household, I have an ibook G3 500mhz and an imac 3 Ghz 24 inch and now the quicksilver

want to hook up dual video displays and.....

upgrade the sound card (there was none)

boost the memory a little

hookup an outboard disk

maybe get rid of the zip drive, and get a read write dvd drive

and I need a usb hub

want to do some music and video editing, nothing major, (I play bass guitar and want to record some audio and video for youtube kinda thing, and have the audio be better than a webcam)

so, I have a mixer and can input mics and my bass guitar, so I can get some great sound hopefully......

and the video, I have a digital camcorder, so maybe I can find a way to input that video into the machine..... I have a device---something for PC-- that can input different things...gotta check that out.

the video card that came with my new quicksilver is a rage 128 by ATI

and.....want to do some picture editing, like put names and pointer arrows and some notes on my pics, --I have adobe photoshop for that....just have to load it....

AS far as OSX, I am running 10.2 right now, and have the disks to upgrade to Panther 10.3

and maybe some tweaks and overclocking....hehehehehe

any thoughts?

Paid 150 for the machine delivered....meh, not a great price, but all the others around here in NYC were 250 plus, and were only 500mhz machines.

any suggestions to help me meet my requests would be appreciatted!

OP
R
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
++24" imac 3ghz / may-08+ ibook G3-500mhz-10g-384m-12", nov-07 +G4 quicksilver 867 mhz/512MB july/08
oh, would like to get a video card with TV outs.....

so maybe the radeon mac 9200?

but, do I need another card for dual monitors?

or, I have to get a card with TV outs AND dual monitor support....

is anything made like that?

al

OP
R
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ati_r8500_64mb_agp.jpg

will this work with the dual displays and the tv out?

the radeon 8500 for mac?

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.