iMovie won't work with MPEG's????

Tao

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Intel Core 2 Duo 2.4Ghz MacBook Black 4GB RAM Mid 2008
Hi All

I've just come back from a concert and have taken some video on my Sony Digital Camera, I have some good footage albeit not video camera quality I thought i'd be able to do some editing and string the footage together nicely but i've imported the files, watched them in quicktime but having now tried to import them to iMovie it simply won't let me.

I've done a bit of searching on the net and it doesn't look like this issue will be resolved. I'm not willing to spend money to resolve the problem, i'll live with it, but for future reference why is this and can this be resolved?

Thanks

Reaction score
Hi All

I've just come back from a concert and have taken some video on my Sony Digital Camera, I have some good footage albeit not video camera quality I thought i'd be able to do some editing and string the footage together nicely but i've imported the files, watched them in quicktime but having now tried to import them to iMovie it simply won't let me.

I've done a bit of searching on the net and it doesn't look like this issue will be resolved. I'm not willing to spend money to resolve the problem, i'll live with it, but for future reference why is this and can this be resolved?

Thanks
well, download perian, *google it*, then when that is downloaded, those are codecs, download iMovie HD at apples site, if you have iMovie 08' it's free for you, that's how I edit my stuff.

Del

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Pro 2xQuad core 2.8GHZ
Might need to convert it to a quicktime format using mpeg stream clip

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.