.dmg???

K

kingcrowing2

Hey, as i'm sure you can already tell, i'm new to macs... i've got two .DMG files on my system, and i want to install them, but i've got no clue how to go about doing it, one is a ipod application (ipodrip) and the other is photoshop CS

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
20" iMac C2D 2.16ghz, 13" MacBook 2.0ghz, 60gb iPod vid, 1gb nano
Double click the .dmg file...it will mount a White Hard Drive like icon on your desktop(or finder)...Take the program's application file and drage it into your applications folder

OP
K

kingcrowing2

Ok, i figured out whats wrong, i'm getting "Unable to varify "itunes4.7.dmg"" i think its because i don't have a new version of OS X, i've got like 10.1 or something... i just bought it online so theres no CDs but i am going to buy either 10.2 or 10.3

OP
C

CaptainMack

yes, it is that easy. if you dont drag it to your application folder you will have to open the .dmg everytime

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb
it may not be compatible with your current os, it may be for os x.x.x that you dont have, if you upgrade, or go to versiontracker.com and download the version for your os.

OP
K

kingcrowing2

oh, thanks a lot! and i just found out its 10.0 (uhg), and itunes and AIM and stuff all need like 10.1.3 or better, so 10.2 would probably be a good idea

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
yup, 10.2 would do it, though if you can, Id say go 10.3, but either will work.

Reaction score
Just curious, after you drag the application file to the Apps folder, can you delete the *.dmg file? When you drag it out, does it cut and paste into the Applications folder?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
shaun89 said:
Just curious, after you drag the application file to the Apps folder, can you delete the *.dmg file? When you drag it out, does it cut and paste into the Applications folder?
yea, when you drag it to applications or wherever, it copies onto your hd, then you eject the white disk on the desktop and delete the .dmg file.

Reaction score
That's almost too easy. So does it take any time to copy the the Applications folder? Or do you just drag it, and within a few seconds it's installed? Sorry... I feel like i'm taking over someone elses thread.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
depends on your processor speed, it usually wont show a copy bar unless the file is like 50 mb or more. just drag it, and its done.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.