Photoshop CS3 keeps crashing

Reaction score
I recently added a new twain for my Epson Scanner 4490 Photo so I could scan through PS. I should have left well enough alone. Now neither of my PS versions that I have will start up and I keep getting EXC_BAD_ACCESS (0x0001) and KERN_PROTECTION_FAILURE (0x0002) at 0x00000000
Unknown thread crashed with i386 Thread State
I have tried un-installing and reinstalling both the PS and Epson software and have dumped preferences as well as running DiscWarrior to correct permissions and still the program will not start up. Any ideas how to correct? Thanks

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
Run photoshop from a different user account (create one if you need to), that will tell you if it is a problem with OS X or just something in your User account

OP
C
Reaction score
Thanks for the suggestion- no go though as a second user! Any other thoughts? Thanks

OP
C
Reaction score
You are awesome.

I followed the instruction for deleting the different files and now both PS's work perfectly. Thanks for your help.
I will contact Epson first to find out exactly what software I should use so it wont clash! Thanks again!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini Core i7 2012 | White 2009 MacBook 2 Ghz | 733 Mhz G4 Quicksilver
cheers, glad to be of help :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.