Keyboard question.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black Colorware PowerBook 1.67 GHz G4, 2 GB DDR2, 100GB 7200 RPM
I've been a PC user all my life and on the impending switch to Macs, I've noticed that the 'home' key doesn't work the same way on Macs as PC. When I use shift on PC and press home, it goes back to the beginning and highlights it all. Same with end except obviously it goes to the end instead of the beginning. Is there any way to program keys to do things like this? Long URLs tend to be extremely painful to highlight any other way than with home or end.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G5 Dual 2GHz (June 2004), 2.5GB, Airport, black 5G iPod 30GB, white MacBook 2.0 2GB
I don't know if there's an equivalent to the Home/End thing, but you can use command+A. It's the equivalent to control+A on the PC, means it selecta all text in the active window or textbox. Maybe that helps...

In case you don't know yet, the command-key is the one with the Apple logo on it. There's one on either side to the spacebar. And the alt-key is often called option-key in the Mac-world, allthough alt is written on the key.

EDIT: I just tried shift+home and shift+end, and it works just fine, at least in Mac OS X...didn't try it with Mac OS9 yet

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.