• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Imac 17" core duo 1.83 24" external screen question

Reaction score
I can get a Dell E248WFP which is 24" as I cannot afford to get a 24"imac.

Would I be able to run the imac with the imacs screen removed and just the 24" screen on the imac via the mini dvi port.

The screen is a dell failed order an is only £223.24 plus shipping
so its a lot cheaper to do.

The imac I have the front screen case is broken ( but repaired ) but I would like to mount or stand the imac behind the 24"? somehow. not to bothered about what it looks like.
But cannot see the point of having the imacs screen running at the same time....

looking to find out if the picture will work just on a external screen and not the imacs own. new(ish) to macs so not sure what it can do. had a quick look around but cannot find the sort of things i am looking to do?

Cheers

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.