Looking to run less processes anyone that can help?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 2.4Ghz core 2 duo, 200GB HD,Nvidia 256 DDR3 graphics, 6GB RAM
Im a bit new to the whole mac scene but have purchases my macbook pro.

Im used to having a PC and i know exactly what is essential to allow the computer to run. However with macs i have not the slightest idea what i can cancel or not. I currently have 50 processes running and i just bought this 2 days ago so i have like nothing installed but MS office. That just seems like way too much for me. My desktop PC has less then 20 things running at all times.

is there process description site like there is for PC's that i can go to to get more information on what is essential to run Os X. Also if there is, where would i go to have the ability to stop the running of this process for future times so i don't have to do that every time i load up my computer.

OP
D
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
You are a life saver eric559 thanks very much sir!

OP
D
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Ok figured what is what as far as weeding out " unnecessary" processes.

My question is here some kind of system startup folder that i can go into and take those processes off the list so i don't have to open Activity Monitor every time and quit like 14 processes.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.