VMware Fusion question.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Blackbook, 2.4 GHz, 4GB memory, 250 GB hard drive
So I am sooo close to purchasing a mac, but have one more question. I use Napster and own a Creative Zen Vision M, and I don't feel like going back to iTunes and buying another iPod. I know that Parallels only lets you download music from Napster but theres a problem with syncing to your mp3 player. I really like the idea of running Windows IN Mac OS X, instead of by itself like Boot Camp.

No one probably knows the answer (its a total shot in the dark) but I'd though I'd ask if anyone has done this or has experience with any other music service (Zune, Rhapsody, etc) and a NON iPod mp3 player, while using Windows through some sort of program.

Thanks.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24in Alu Imac 3.6ghz
I run Fusion with Vista boot camped. Any usb devices that are plugged in are easily accessible while in Vista. It shouldn't be a problem.

OP
H
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Blackbook, 2.4 GHz, 4GB memory, 250 GB hard drive
Alright thats good news haha.

Also, basically VMware Fusion basically enables you to do virtually anything you could on a PC whether it be a PC only game, use certain software etc?

Reaction score

Also, basically VMware Fusion basically enables you to do virtually anything you could on a PC whether it be a PC only game, use certain software etc?

Theoretically yes, however performance levels will be lower than if you were running windows as the actual operating system rather than as a virtual machine (Boot camp for example).

This is because the virtual machine is sharing resources with another operating system, it's just not the same as having all the resources.

...MOAR RESOURCES. :|

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
24in Alu Imac 3.6ghz

Use Bootcamp to game, but other than that yes you can do whatever you need to do in Windows with Fusion.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini
Fusion is top notch, I love it.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2 x 20" iMac Intel Core 2 Duo
Virtualbox os not bad and is free.
Yes with a virtual machine you can do anything that a windows pc can do including getting virus's/malware/trogan horses/rootkits etc.
They will not effect your mac os.
Make sure that you make a copy of your virtual machine and then just copy that one back if infected.....

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.