• Welcome to the Off-Topic/Schweb's Lounge

In addition to the Mac-Forums Community Guidelines, there are a few things you should pay attention to while in The Lounge.

Lounge Rules
    • If your post belongs in a different forum, please post it there.
    • While this area is for off-topic conversations, that doesn't mean that every conversation will be permitted. The moderators will, at their sole discretion, close or delete any threads which do not serve a beneficial purpose to the community.

Understand that while The Lounge is here as a place to relax and discuss random topics, that doesn't mean we will allow any topic. Topics which are inflammatory, hurtful, or otherwise clash with our Mac-Forums Community Guidelines will be removed.

Any Apple Store Emplyee's In Here?

Reaction score
There is a store opening up down the street from me in a month or so. I've submitted an application online and I was wondering what my next step should be? I was wondering if I could get a position at the Apple Store that is a couple miles from me, get trained now, and be ready when the new store opens. I would think that Apple would want trained associates working on day 1. Or does Apple train all the new hires prior to the store actually opening?

I really want this job. Its close to my house. I love Apple products. And it seems like a great environment to work in. I just want to get my foot in the door before the place actually opens it doors.

And now that Im on the subject. What do you all think about working for Apple as a sales person? I would like to get a Genius position, but I figured I would start as a sales rep. How is it working for apple? Can you say? I know Apple is pretty secretive. They couldnt even tell me how much they get paid when I was talking to the Genius at the bar.

Reaction score
I know a guy who works at an apple store and I remember asking him about that when he first got the job (now he's manager) and he said that he got the job because of all his knowledge he new but they do train employees. I would say learn all you possibly can and that should help you get the job.

Did you submit a resume or fill out the application also give a follow up call.

OP
I
Reaction score
But I'm wondering who I should call. HR? The actual store isn't even open, so I cant call them.

I cant believe there aren't any apple store employees around these parts. come on guys, all you need to do is put your fingers on the keyboard and press down.

Reaction score
I would love to have a job at Apple.

What's their age req.?

And I apologize for kind of thread-jacking you here.

Reaction score
I almost certain it's 18 but don't quote me on that. Not to mention I've seen only older people in all the apple stores I've been to and the ipod store next to the apple store (looks like 2 different stores but are connected with a hallway in the middle) and in the ipod store I saw a girl working the desk who couldn't of been no more then 16 or 17 so maybe it's different with each store. Can macmedia be franchised?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2x 2.2 C2D MBP 15", 3x Mac Classic, Mac Mini, iPhone 3G, Clamshell
To the best of my knowledge Apple store employees aren't allowed to join forums and such. And also to the best of my knowledge you have to be 18 to work at an Apple store. And that is what I am waiting for, my 18th B-day. 5 more months to go..

And to become a genius you must go through some intensive training.. It's not easy...

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.