iWeb and DW

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Alu 13.3 Inch , 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 duo , 2.2gb 667 DDR2 SDRAM & Ipod Touch 16gb
Alrighty..

Here's my story.

I'm HORRIBLE in coding.. And okay.. So.. Our website admin had resigned a few months ago, and being the only one who knows coding.. ( I'm still very bad at it ) I had to take up the job. Anyway.. I'm having a technical problem on my mac with DW ( works fine on PC ) anyway.. Dont want to go into that.

I dont know iWeb very well. But is there a way to like.. Uhmm.. Import all my index files from DW to iWeb? and start updating using iWeb? I'm using FTP , have to upload them one by one. Anyway.. If this is possible. I'd love to start as soon as possible. Or would I need a third party program to do it?

It would be seriously AWESOME if I could do that. It'd save me ALOT of time. and I do mean ALOT!

Would like some input. Thank youuu

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 20" 2.4 Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo 4gig,Mac OS X Maverick, Macbook Intel 2gig, iPhone 3G
a problem may occur if you have php pages, for example, contact forms, I believe iweb does not have this facility, but I may be wrong

OP
Lytheil
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Alu 13.3 Inch , 2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 duo , 2.2gb 667 DDR2 SDRAM & Ipod Touch 16gb
But other than that.. Can I still do it? Would it be a difference from DW or would the results be worse?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac = 20-inch, 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 2GB RAM, 320GB HD, Leopard. iPod Nano = 4GB, Silver
I haven't been able to open my htm dreamweaver pages in iWeb or Rapidweaver and yet they are all htm/html editing program. I did change one of my htm pages to html and tried to open it in iWeb but still wasn't able too.

You could try Rapidweaver, find a layout you like and copy and paste the page info over to Rapidweaver, it's pretty easier. You will then need to edit it to how you like it. There is also a manual pdf you can download to help you.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.