Text is warping when scrolling

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

First off, I am a new poster to the forums, but I frequently visit them as I find them a great source of information about Macs. I just bought my MBP about 3 months ago.

The problem I am having is that when I scrolling up or down on webpages in Safari, the text seems to "warp" or run together. Can anyone tell me what the cause of this might be? I have attached a screenshot below. Also, I have run Software Update and I have no new updates to be installed.

Thanks!

Picture 1.png

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black MacBook--2.4ghz--4gb RAM--250gb HD__iPod Touch 8gb
do you have office installed on it?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
It appears to be a font problem. Somehow you have a font or fonts that are corrupted which are causing the overlapping of words. I'm not sure it's because you have Office installed although noting that MS Office installs a whole load of fonts.... When did the overlapping of words start?

Regards.

OP
M
Reaction score
It started when I installed office now that I think about it. I just deleted office though and the problem has stopped. Thanks!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black MacBook--2.4ghz--4gb RAM--250gb HD__iPod Touch 8gb
yeah its becuz when u install office...office and safari have the same names for fonts and safari doesnt know which to use so it gets messed up...so if u re-install just dont check the box that says install fonts

Reaction score
try downloading

onyx or fontnuke
i beleive those will delete corruptinos..

or just uninstall office, then reinstall and choose not to install fonts :)

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.