Wipe and Install Tips

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2.53 Intel Core Duo Mac Mini; 4g RAM; 350g HD, OS 10.6.3
hey everyone,

so i need to completely wipe my internal hd and re-install 10.4. any tips you guys have would be greatly appreciated. all of my content has been backed up so i'm not worried about losing anything. just dreading re-installing all of my apps again. will be nice to start fresh tho. anyway, thanks in advance.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
If you want to be doubly sure, zero the drive by clicking on the 'options' after selecting erase in Disk Utility.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Silver M1 iMac 512/16/8/8 macOS 11.6
Don;t know why double entry and can't delete.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacMini 14.3, 8.1 & 4.1, OS 13.5, 10.14, & 10.11 & 10.6; Macbook Pro 8.2, OS 10.12.
i need to completely wipe my internal hd and re-install 10.4. any tips you guys have would be greatly appreciated. all of my content has been backed up so i'm not worried about losing anything. just dreading re-installing all of my apps again. will be nice to start fresh tho.

When a mechanic reconditions a motor, he has to replace all the parts that were removed, but if you don't want to go through the hassle of reinstalling all your software from your backup, then choose Archive & Install from your OS X installation. That will preserve the software on the hard disk while reinstalling the System.

I agree with you about the "start fresh", so if it were me I'd choose Erase & Install.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iBook G4 (2005) 12"/1G ram/40G HD/10.5
10.5 apps saved

hi i have sort of the same problem.

i have an ibook and bought it second hand. The previous owner had lots of apps on it like photoshop and other things.

I would like to install Tiger 10.4 on it but i don't want to lose all the applications. Is there a backup program that will save all the apps so i can use them on 10.4?

Also do you have to format the hard drive when you install 10.4?

Thanks if any one replys

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.