ipod rip off

D

Danster

i have just been off the ipod site and seen that you dont get all the free stuff that you got with the old one so if i want the dock which i do and case and remote i have to pay £90 which would bring the price to £310 and the old one with all the stuff was only £299 thats is just poo :mad:

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
Would you actually use those things though? I never found the dock very useful and it's sitting in a closet right now. And the remote I never really used either.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MacBook Pro
so iPods used to come with a dock, remote, and case? I purchased my 40gig iPod in Sept. or Oct. i believe and i got a dock a firewire cable, a usb cable, and earbud headphones. they used to come with more than that? Actualy i bought my girlfriend a 20gig for xmass and that doesn't have a dock. But apple put here name on the back for free and it looks real cool.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" MacBook Pro
as for it being a rip off not comming with that stuff, i don't think they are a rip off at all i use my iPod all the time and in the few short months I have had it, it has already paid for itself. Plus it introduced me to macs and now i have a brand new powerbook g4 ;)

OP
D

Danster

i really want the dock to look cool next to my imac but i dont wana be paying £30 quid for it and the case to stop the lovely back getting scratched i have seen a refurb 30 gig 3g ipod for £245 should i get it or buy the new 20g of apple store? and the remaining cash to buy a dock off ebay?

OP
B

Badger

First, you can be sure that the "free" stuff wasn't free; the cost was added into the selling price. Second, as the competition increases Apple wants to get the iPod price as low as possible so that it is as attractive as possible. Third, people with more than one iPod but only one computer don't need extra docks etc, why should they be forced the spend the extra $$$ (or £s). Personally, I'd rather be able to buy the accessories I want than be lumbered with a bunch of useless stuff.

OP
D

Danster

i am bidding on a 40 gig new gen ipod with dock
it's used but only a month old dya reckon thats good
selling for £187 says he bought it for £399

Reaction score
I wouldnt buy an iPod off ebay. The life of the battery is probably half dead. And then you only get half the use.

OP
M

mangoSharingan

Hmm.....0 feedback. Even if it does say brand-new, it might have already been used a bit and if it looks new enough, then you wouldn't know. Anyways, good luck and if it turns out to be genuine, then well done.

OP
D

Danster

awww bloody ell you got me thinkin now if i dont pay for it what happens if i do and he dont i losse my christmas box :<

OP
D

Danster

i'm paying buy cheque is there anyway i can claim a refund if he turns out to be dodgy? but it says i can come and collect it so...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac 7200/75: Mac OS 7.6.1; iMac 233mhz Mac OS X 10.1.5; PowerBook 180c, Mac OS 7.5.3
You can try filing a claim with eBay saying the product was not as described. But he/she hardly had a description, and that did not say anything about battery life. (Can't you always recharge the battery? Lost there..)

OP
D

Danster

AdmiralSpock said:
Can't you always recharge the battery? Lost there
after a number of charges say 500 your regargeble battery starts to were out and you have to replace it with a new one but, i'm buying a brand new ipod so he hasn't used it.
but he says he has had it out so it isn't factory sealed :/

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
G4 1Ghz OS X 10.4.7
AdmiralSpock said:
(Can't you always recharge the battery? Lost there..)
No, all rechargeable batteries eventually stop accepting a charge

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.