Video chatting

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" 2.2GHz Macbook Pro; 20" 2.0 GHz iMac.
A few questions please... I'd like to start video chatting with friends but not done it before...

1. Is it correct that to use ichat you need an AIM account? And so does the recipient?
2. Is it correct windows live does not support video chat for macs?

I'd like to use skype but it's blocked in this country, but I can use it if I can download it from another source. Is Skype the best option?

So... a couple of other points...

1. What is the best way of video chatting with friends given few have macs.
2. Could someone tell me where I can download the skype software (but not from skpe.com)... is it possible for someone to email me the installation software (on [email protected]) - I'd be very grateful.

Thanks all.

OP
C
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" 2.2GHz Macbook Pro; 20" 2.0 GHz iMac.
BTW Hotspot Shield is blocked here too so I can't get around it that way.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook White 2.16GHz 2Gb OS X 10.5, 16Gb iPhone 3G Black
for skype both you and your buddy need to have skype accounts...
You are correct when it comes to iChat.... you can have either a AIM account, Jabber (which i think is gmail) or .mac account.
aMSN is an instant messaging application which allows you to use numerous different accounts to talk to friends, and for hotmail it supports video chat.

http://www.amsn-project.net/download.php

if this doesnt suit your needs, and you'd like skype, then PM me and i'd be happy to send you the file.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.