Why can't I buy apps using an iTunes card??

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
I have $18.20 on my iTunes credits for my account, but whenever I try to buy an app, it keeps asking for a credit card (Which I don't have), however, I can buy songs perfectly well with my credits, it's just apps that won't work. I'm in Canada if that makes a difference.

Reaction score
I've bought several apps using credits from an iTunes gift card. I'm not in Canada though.

Reaction score
buy apps in canada

I have $18.20 on my iTunes credits for my account, but whenever I try to buy an app, it keeps asking for a credit card (Which I don't have), however, I can buy songs perfectly well with my credits, it's just apps that won't work. I'm in Canada if that makes a difference.

if you or your parents or someone you know goes shopping in the states, simply have them buy you an itunes gift card. then, when you get home, open your itunes, click 'store' at the top, view account info, change country to US and......BLAM-O!!! you can buy apps with an itune gift card.
your welcome.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.