installing parallels

Reaction score
how do i go about doing this? i couldn't get the disc to load. when i loaded aperture 2, it did right away, however i couldn't figure out how to get this program loaded...thanks

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Unless you have a defective CD the installation is straight forward. Insert the CD and it will load the installer package to your desktop. From there it's pretty much automatic. What problem are you having?

Regards.

OP
B
Reaction score
when i put the cd in, nothing happens. it comes up on my desktop. when i click to open it, i have like, 5 different folders and each one it says it can't open...i'll have to try it again. i got my computer through school and i said i wanted parallels and they said i have all i need, what exactly all do i need? thanks a lot

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro
Install Parallels, after Parallels is installed, Insert MacOS disk 1 and install drivers.

That should do it...I had the same difficulties.

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
when i put the cd in, nothing happens. it comes up on my desktop. when i click to open it, i have like, 5 different folders and each one it says it can't open...i'll have to try it again. i got my computer through school and i said i wanted parallels and they said i have all i need, what exactly all do i need? thanks a lot

What CD do you have? Is it a Parallels version 3.0 CD? As I stated, it should load an installer package to your desktop. Clicking on the installer package will start the installation process.

Read the instructions from this link:

http://download.parallels.com/GA/Parallels_Desktop_for_Mac_Quick_Start_Guide.pdf

Regards.

OP
B
Reaction score
the cd that i have says windows vista business personal upgrade but then i have a rectangular manilla envelopoe with a parallels product license sitcker..i'm stuck

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" 2014 MacBook Pro, i7 2.5Ghz, 16GB RAM, 512GB SSD; iPad 3, iPhone 6
the cd that i have says windows vista business personal upgrade but then i have a rectangular manilla envelopoe with a parallels product license sitcker..i'm stuck

Are you trying to install Vista or Parallels? What exactly did you buy?

OP
B
Reaction score
i guess both...i told them that i want to be able to run windows along with mac whatever at the same time, so sell me wahtever i need to do that...

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
15" 2014 MacBook Pro, i7 2.5Ghz, 16GB RAM, 512GB SSD; iPad 3, iPhone 6
First of all you need to make sure you have all the right things. I am not making any assumptions here, but this is what you have to have:

- An Intel Mac with at least a gig of RAM (2 Gbs or more recommended)
- Parallels, either downloaded or on a CD
- A Full retail version of Windows, XP is recommended but Win 2K, Vista or Win 98 will all work fine too
- At least 8 GBs of Hdd space (15 Gbs for Vista)

First of all install Parallels. The install instructions come with the application or are easily found on the site. I don't mean this to sound mean, but if you don't know how to install an app on a Mac, this might not be for you anyway.

Once Parallels is installed, launch it and follow the wizard for installing Windows. Most of the default settings should suit you fine. Make sure the DVD/CD drive is correctly set up to see the actual Mac drive (this is one of the set up options).

Insert your Windows DVD/CD at the appropriate time and let it install. Takes about 20 mins for XP or 45 mins for Vista I think, depending on your machine's speed.

*Tip - If you're installing Vista or XP SP2/3 then you don't need to change the VM settings. If you're installing Win2K or XP Sp1 or original, you need to set the VM Acceleration to medium until after downloading and installing SP2.

After you have installed Windows, you should launch it and install the Parallel tools, and then you can go ahead and install Windows programs as you wish.

OP
B
Reaction score
see that's the thing...i told them to include parallels, and the only thing with paralles on it is a product code, can i download from their website and enter this 9 digit code and get what i should get...?

edit- it's like a 15 digit number...still didn't work though

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.