Age of Empires III question

Reaction score
I got age of empires III yesterday for my MBP (ATI Radeon X1600, 2 GBs of RAM) and have a couple of questions.

1. With all of the default settings, i upped the resolution to 1440 x 900. I would play for about 10 minutes, when the screen freezes, but the music is still playing. I need to reboot at this point. What settings should I use so that I am able to use this resolution smoothly?

2. I use the 'expose' trackpad feature so I can switch between windows fast by moving the mouse to the corners. when playing age of empires III, I move the mouse to the corners and it will minimize/disappear. Is there a way to turn off expose just for this game?

thanks in advance

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 2.2ghz Leopard
Ive been playing it with the resolution at 1440x900, you might turn down some of the other settings, I'll look and see what my exact settings are when i get home tonight

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iMac 2.66 GHz 20", iPad Mini2 32GB, iPhone6 64GB, Watch Sport 42mm Black, iPad Air 2 128GB
It plays on my MacMini, so you should be fine I would think.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook Pro 2.2ghz Leopard
1440x900
bit depth 32
refresh rate 0
anti alias off

shader quality hi
shadow quality low
water effect on
bloom effect on

high poly models on
terrain detail objects on
particle quality normal
tracer effects on
obscured unit alpha 60
footprints on

terrain texture quality high
model texture quality high
texture filter quality high

also got the ui minimized and it still runs fine

i dont really know if those are the best settings but it runs great, every once in awhile when there a bunch of units onscreen in catches a little but nothin big

OP
S
Reaction score
those settings work great, haven't had a hiccup yet and the graphics are great, thanks

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.