transferring iTunes music

Reaction score
I am trying to transfer my wife's Itunes from her old windows machine to her new macbook. How do I do it? I tried telling I tunes to backitself up to diskc, but the mac says that they cannot be written to or read from. I owuld love to transfer the music, but how?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black MacBook--2.4ghz--4gb RAM--250gb HD__iPod Touch 8gb
you can just copy your itunes folder onto a USB drive thats what people have advised me to do

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, 2.2 GHz, 4GB RAM
dlbrando,

I just set up a wireless network between my PCs and my Macbook and copied away. Of course, it could also be a wired network if they're close to each other.

Noel

OP
D
Reaction score
yea, her old notbook is a piece and it has a copy of vista on it, I cannot get it to let me copy any files. I am just burning her old library to dvd's and I guess I will import them as new files instead of trying to use the backup feature.

OP
D
Reaction score
ok, as a result of a long convoluted process of **** not working right, I now have all of her mp3's on 2 dvd's. Just put them in and go right. NO, the mac says that they are empty yay! They show up fine on my other 3 computers, what is up now?

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, 2.2 GHz, 4GB RAM
dlbrando,

It looks like perhaps the Macbook will read a music CD but is not geared up to read a music DVD - just like most CD/DVD players, unless they are MP3 players. The MP3 DVDs may not be be transferable.

I checked System Preferences/CDs & DVDs and there are several scroll bars there - none acknowledge what to do for a music DVD, much less a MP3 DVD. Check it out...

You may want to wait and see if you get a better answer here, or you could call Apple and ask them.

Do you have an external hard drive you could copy them to? And then transfer them to the new Macbook? If not, maybe borrow one...

Sorry you're having so much trouble,

Noel

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.