Printing from Mac to Windows Server 2008

Reaction score
The company that I'm working for is trying to set up our wireless MacBooks so that we are able to print through Windows Server 2008. Has anybody been successful at doing this? As I am primarily a Windows user I don't fully understand the way that Leopard works so I'm not sure how to go about setting up a connection.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks!

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, 2.2 GHz, 4GB RAM
dakaye,

Go to System Preferences/Sharing and check the File Sharing box. Then select your User name and Options and check Share .... using SMB.

You also want to go to System Preferences/Network and make sure that Airport is connected (for your wireless to work) and it will give you the available networks you can connect to. Select the correct one (same network as Windows Server) and you may be asked the password (for WEP or whatever you're using). Also, look at the Advanced page and look through any tabs that you need to use for your connection.

The Mac sees Windows networks quickly once you select File Sharing. After you get it all set up, then you can install your printer.

Hope this works for you,

Noel

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.