Mapping Software for Mac

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Book Pro, 2 GB memory, 200 GB hard drive, Leopard
I'm a new Mac user, and I've have used Delorme Street Atlas and MS Streets and Trips with GPS to plan routes, navigate our motorhome and save routes. Now, I'm mapless unless I have the internet, and after having maps I can use to plan and save routes, Google and Mapquest aren't satifactory.

I have had no success finding any equivalent software for the Mac. Any suggestions?

chscag

Staff member
Admin
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
2017 27" iMac, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 8, iPhone 11, iPhone 12 Mini, Numerous iPods, Monterey
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
13" Macbook Pro 2.26Ghz Unibody 4G RAM 160G HDD Superdrive
Garmin (you know, the GPS guys) have some beta stuff they are releasing for people with Garmin nüvi GPS navigators for the Mac platform, called Bobcat.

You need to have their windows version of their navigator program and a Windows computer to 'unlock' the maps then you can transfer said map to your Mac. It'll allow you to do routes and stuff like that as well. I used to use Delormé as well, but between Bobcat, my nüvi GPS navigator and Google earth my Street Atlas has been collecting dust in my CD rack.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.