Questions of new and old...

X

X Im just meE o

Hello, I have a few threads on the iBook forum. And realy, what is the amount of time to wait for the next iBook update? For the G4? Because I want one thats not going to be out of date so fast. >.< So, will the G4 be around the way it is now, for a while?
Also, is there a difference between the iBook G3 and 4? The G3 seems less white, and has a see threw keyboard I believe (Unless the pictures are not showing correctly). But the iBook G4 is a much lighter white, and the keys match the inside....

Reaction score
If they made the iBook any faster, it would be faster than a Powerbook, I doubt that is going to happen.

OP
X

X Im just meE o

Also, is it stupid to buy an iBook for $2,000+ when all those things can be found in Dell, Toshiba, Gateway, etc, for less? And some of them have 3.2GHz, when the iBook only has 1.33GHz, but I heard it apears to work just as good.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook Pro | LED Cinema Display | iPhone 4 | iPad 2
You simply can't judge performance simply on processor speed. Doing so is just foolish. Even with a slower clock speed, Macs offer so much more. I won't go through and rehash the entire debate here since it's been discussed in the Switcher forum ad nauseum. I'd suggest searching that forum for more information.

OP
Z

zee

X Im just meE o said:
Also, is it stupid to buy an iBook for $2,000+ when all those things can be found in Dell, Toshiba, Gateway, etc, for less? And some of them have 3.2GHz, when the iBook only has 1.33GHz, but I heard it apears to work just as good.

Yes, because you can't get an iBook for $2,000+. The most here is $1,900, and that's in Canadian funds.

OP
M

mangoSharingan

X Im just meE o said:
Didn't you do enough research before you bought your iBook? $2000+ is quite a lot to spend, especially if you aren't sure which laptop to get.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
PowerMac G4 Cube 450mhz 832mb
that is a lo of money, but its not just the hardware that makes it far superior to a wintel machine with the same specs, its the mac os x. that changes everything, same specs, more expensive for the ibook, but the experience as opposed to that with a *feeling nauseous* dell. there is no way to compare the two.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.