Problems with boot camp

Reaction score
I have the Intel core duo 1.83ghz 17"
I have just dropped in a 500gb hd and split it.

The problem is I have gone to install boot camp windows and. Boot camp setup tells me I cannot do it as I have already split the drive? and as I have not used boot camp to do it, then the setup goes no further

Is there anyway round this other than a reinstall

I am running leopard 10.5.4
I have only had this about two weeks so not to clued up just yet.

Cheers

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Macbook, 2.2 GHz, 4GB RAM
fantom4,

Go from 2 partitions on your hard drive to 1? That of course would mean a re-install. If it's a new hard drive, that shouldn't be too difficult, apps wise. Then use Boot Camp...

Normally a Boot Camp partition for Windows shouldn't exceed 32GB for XP, maybe more for Vista. 250GB is way too large, and apparently that's what the Boot Camp install thinks. It doesn't want to do a third partition...

BTW, go to Applications/Utilities/Boot Camp Assistant.app, open it and print the Boot Camp Installation & Guide pdf that shows up on the first page. Read it and follow (to a tee) to install Windows...

Noel

OP
F
Reaction score
I did have boot camp running on it before I put in the bigger hard drive.
I have already printed the user guide.
Thanks

Reaction score
I had the same kinda problem,

I put a new disc into my mac bookpro and as i was installing i setup a windows partition ready.

I installed leopard then went to use boot camp and it couldnt locate the partition i had set :(

I had to go to disc utils and repartition the drive back to 250gb for the mac os, then run boot camp and setup the windows partition to 120gb all is working fine after that.

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.