Noob question

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Black MacBook--2.4ghz--4gb RAM--250gb HD__iPod Touch 8gb
Touch just arrived...does it have 2.0...i cant connect to find out since my MacBook has not arrived yet :Shouting: what do you think??

P.S. I ordered it after 2.0 came out

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
If you ORDERED it after 2.0 came out, then yes.
If it ARRIVED after 2.0 came out, but it was ORDERED before, then it is doubtful.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
White MacBook 13" - Mac OS X 10.4.11
If you ordered it from Apple after 2.0 was released, it should have it pre-installed.

OP
Bman
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
nice im happy now...yeah because i ordered after it and it just arrived yesterday so i think im good thanks everyone and my mac hasnt arrived :Grimmace: so its just sitting in front of me on my desk

???---2.0 came out on the 11th correct?

Reaction score
I don't know about that. From what I've been reading, Touches will NEVER come with 2.0 installed. Apparently several people over at Mac Rumors have called Apple numerous times as well as having asked in Apple Stores about whether or not Touches will come pre-installed, and they've been told that they will not. It's considered an optional upgrade. Additionally, most people who have requested getting a waiver on the fee for their Touches purchased after the 11th have been denied by Apple.

My girlfriend purchased a Touch earlier this week at an Apple Store, and it does not come with it pre-installed.

So I highly doubt that your Touch has 2.0, and I would count on having to pay the $9.95 for it. The good news is that it's easily worth the $9.95; although, it's pretty unstable right now. Expect a new update in the near future...I hope.

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
Mac Mini i5 (2014 High Sierra), iPhone X, Apple Watch, iPad Pro 12.9, AppleTV (4)
Looks like you'll be paying for 2.0 as an extra. On the ipod touch store page it has this:

"The new App Store
Download exciting games and other applications that leverage the technology in iPod touch, such as the Multi-Touch interface, accelerometer, and real-time 3D graphics. (Software upgrade required; sold separately.)"

OP
Bman
Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
ok... the $10 is no big deal i was just wondering if it was pre-installed thanks for the answers everyone

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
iPod touch 1st gen 8GB
Settings -> General -> About

That will show you the current version on line 6 or so.

Reaction score
You'll see the App Store icon beside or around the iTunes icon if it's version 2.0

If the App Store icon is not there, it's not version 2.0

Reaction score
Your Mac's Specs
MacBook
On the Connect To iTunes screen on the Touch, does it show the USB end of the iPod's sync cable, or does it show the Dock Connector end?

Dock connector end: 1.1.4 and below
USB end: 2.0

Shop Amazon

Shop for your Apple, Mac, iPhone and other computer products on Amazon.
We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon and affiliated sites.